About Bridget Woodward
I have worked in education for almost 20 years, and am committed to opening up opportunities for emotional growth and development for children and their parents, teachers and communities. I was originally a class teacher in inner city schools, but became frustrated by the difficulty of addressing children's emotional needs within the constraints of a busy school day. I therefore made a move towards the world of therapy and the arts in order to bring skills and knowledge from this area back into the classroom.
I use art, storytelling, mindfulness and coaching to help children, parents and teachers to express themselves, interact more positively, and improve their relationships. Using the arts is a powerful way to create lasting change because it breaks through the usual barriers to learning and development. Using the arts helps to create a sense of deep relaxation and it provides a ‘pathway’ to parts of the self that may have been hidden, and offers a safe way to communicate that avoids 'blame' or 'shame'.
I work in the South Wiltshire area, covering Salisbury, Tisbury and surrounding locations.
Qualifications and experience
- Currently training on Diploma in Child Counselling (Institute for Arts in Therapy and Education)
- Diploma in Emotional Health and Wellbeing (Institute for Arts in Therapy and Education) 2013
- Relax Kids training 2012
- Certified Practitioner of NLP Coaching (ABNLP) 2012
- Certificate in Language and Learning across the Curriculum (accredited course) 2011
- Certificate in Emotional Literacy (Institute for Arts in Therapy and Education) 2010
- Certified Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic-Programming (ABNLP) 2009
- Reading Recovery In-service course for Teachers 2009
- PGCE Primary (Cheltenham and Gloucester College of Higher Education) 1998